Welcome to the Governor section.
The Governing Board meets formally at least once a term, and parents are invited to attend.
All governors are volunteers and, once elected, serve for 4 years.
THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNING BOARD
The main task of the governing board is to promote high standards of educational achievement and play an instrumental role in school development. Governors are responsible for the strategic management of the school, working to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the head teacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies.
They are required to carry out a number of other important duties, including:
- Managing the school's budget
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum
- Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies
The governors operate an open door policy and are more than happy to discuss any matters regarding school life . Parents are welcome to contact the chair of governors direct or via email at the following address: email@example.com.
Parent Governors are often to be found at the school at the start and end of the school day.
Please see the ‘meet the governing board’ section for further details